Filipino British Nurses Extra Care East Grinstead Ltd
A voluntary service making difference to the community
The spirit of Filipino-British Nurses Extra Care East Grinstead Ltd started when the founder Mr Danny M. Favor became the President of the Filipino British Association of East Grinstead in 2009. He led the association for two years (2009 -2011) and has worked closely with various community groups within East Grinstead and surrounding areas in forming a cohesive group, promote friendship, understanding and cooperation among members.
The Filipino British Association of East Grinstead Ltd has over 300 members who actively participated in cultural, social, sports, educational and other health and wellness activities that helps cultivate, preserve and promote the cultural heritage and traditional values of the Filipino community, as well as, foster better understanding and friendship with British and other ethnic groups in the community.
Every year they actively participated in health and well being day wherein Registered Nurses and other Health Care Personnel voluntarily spent time performing free health checks i.e. blood pressure, BMI to members of the communities. Danny Favor and his team was also involved in various Charitable works and Public Services to diverse communities locally, nationally and disaster areas in the Philippines affected by natural calamities such as typhoons, floods and landslides.
When Danny Favor was elected as Town Councillor on May 6th 2011 at East Grinstead Town Council, the 1st ever Filipino elected into office in England and as per Philippine Embassy London's record 1st known in the United Kingdom, Health and Wellbeing remains one of his interests. With the help of his advisers and fellow nurses Filipino British Nurses Extra Care East Grinstead was then formally organized as amongst his charitable initiatives in serving his constituents and members of various community groups.
Filipino British Nurses Extra Care East Grinstead Ltd now continuously performs its voluntary work for the community with the help of dedicated health care professionals and team by performing Free Health Screening Check on Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose and BMI at least once a month. They works closely with various community groups in organizing various health and wellness activities and charitable works. The Free service is open to any members of community groups subject to its limitations and conditions.
Vision and Mission
To help promote the health and well-being of the local population of East Grinstead especially on adults aged 35 to 74 year old who are willing to participate in this initiative.
To provide service that will help local health care provider in promoting health and prevention of most common health problems.
To focus on various social and physical activities, events and other services for a more active and healthy lifestyles.
To work in close partnership with local community groups, agencies, GP surgeries and other services.
To help create and maintain a sustainable, diverse network of responsive, high quality health providers in order to have a positive impact on well being and help address health inequalities in the town.
- To help in promoting fellowship and unity among nurses and other health care professional.
To help improve the community health care environment and the advancement of the nursing profession.
- To help improve access to health care in East Grinstead,
- To promote health and well being
To help in the prevention, monitoring, early detections of most common health problems which are hypertension, diabetes and malnutrition.
To increase awareness of the service and encourage more public involvements in the promotion of health and well being.
To reach out and provide a voluntary service to the residents of East Grinstead.
- To both motivate and invest in our voluntary service and acknowledge the value of our health care professionals who are willing to give voluntary services to the community.
- To provide health and wellbeing advice and information leaflets.
To have good & therapeutic working relationship with GP Surgeries in providing quality health service to the community
- To create a health screening service that will exceed residents expectations.
- To help in providing a high-quality health care to residents of the area.
- To create a health screening service that helps serve the community's needs
- To form a health care practice that is able to survive by voluntary service
- To increase the number of residents involvements through better service, good relationships and word-of-mouth recommendations
- To support other community groups in achieving members' expectations
- Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards
- Respond to the needs of our residents and other community groups
- To encourage innovation, ambition, enterprise and continuous improvement of our health service to the community.
- Network with other organizations at the local and national levels to achieve common objectives.